What if I Feel Uncertain About Attending The Sessions?
What Happens During a Session?
How Long Will It Take?
It is dependent on the nature of the problem. We offer solution-focused, short-term coaching, which means we learn about your goals and work with you to achieve them as quickly as possible. The average committed client can see excellent results in only five sessions. Alhamdulillah, we get better results faster because we use tried-and-true methods based on Sister Haleh’s own Banani Method.
Some individuals may have a more complicated case which may take longer. It is crucial to keep in mind that these sessions are not a “quick fix.” Getting results takes time and work, especially if your problems are deeply rooted. The coach will decide the length of the treatment following the assessment.
The length of session and the effectiveness is dependent upon several things:
1. Attending the sessions consistently each week
2. Being cooperative, honest and receptive to the information
3. Implementing the suggestions and the agreed upon actions
How Can I Measure My Progress?
In the first session when we make the assessment we get a baseline in every area of the client’s life and we have them rate the different areas. After 4 sessions of learning and applying the new techniques, we reassess them to see their progress. It always amazes me how people can evolve so quickly & drastically masha’Allah.
Relatively early in treatment, you may likely begin to recognize self-defeating patterns or habits of thinking, feeling and behaving without necessarily being able to change them immediately. After watching these habits at work and discussing the causes and effects of these habits, you will be able to make changes and let go of old patterns. As this self-actualization process deepens, you begin to feel more natural, spontaneous and at ease in all areas of life. Genuine emotions come more freely and relationships deepen. Old patterns of worrying and obsessing become less disruptive.
How Do I Know If I Need Help?
If you are going through a stressful situation and need support in overcoming the many hurdles in life. Sometimes it’s hard to face life’s challenges alone and that’s why it’s helpful to get support and guidance from an expert. Anyone can benefit from sharing their feelings and concerns by discussing with a non-judgmental, caring and spiritually aware expert.
Here are some specific reasons you may need therapy:
- If you feel troubled and are unable to shake it off
- If you feel stuck in your relationship
- If you are overwhelmed with anxiety and depression
- If you have uncontrollable anger and it’s affecting your relationships
- If you have issues with low self-esteem, feelings of hopelessness or unworthiness
- If you are experiencing obsessive thoughts or actions
- If you have lost a loved one
- After a trauma such as physical, verbal or sexual abuse
- If you are struggling in parenting and need advice
- If you have body image issues and you are struggling with an eating disorder
- Recovering from a divorce
- Avoiding a divorce
For Personal Reasons:
- depression or intense sadness
- frequent irritability
- persistent feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, or helplessness
- low self-esteem
- poor concentration
- changes in sleeping or appetite
- decreased motivation or interest in life
- thoughts of suicide or the occurrence of self-injury
- angry outbursts
- behavior changes noticed by yourself or others
- panic attacks
- significant difficulty leaving the house or completing everyday tasks
- intense fears or phobias
- excessive worrying
- nightmares or flashbacks of traumatic events
- better self-image
- goal setting
- effective communication
- conflict resolution
- overcoming phobias
- overcoming addictions
- Marital relationship
Why Get Help
There are many reasons to get help. You may want to talk about an immediate crisis causing you distress or explore longer-term difficulties in your life.
It may be that you have a very clear idea of what you want to get from the session, and changes you want to make in your life; or it may be that you come feeling vague, confused or depressed about your current or past circumstances. The sessions can offer you a safe confidential space to explore anything at all that you feel is disturbing your sense of inner peace and harmony in body, heart, and mind.
It can also help you to become empowered, gain new self-esteem, communicate more effectively to enhance your life and your relationships. Whether you are having marital problems, difficulties with raising your kids or lacking the necessary motivation to move ahead; the sessions can help you to RESOLVE, RE-FRAME and RENEW your life.
Are you Licensed to provide Mental Health or Psychological services?
We DO NOT PROVIDE LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH OR PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES. Sister Haleh and our Banani method coaches offer pastoral (Muslim faith-based)family, marriage, and life coaching. None of these require licensure and fully comply with Section 882.24 of the Texas Behavior Health Executive Counsel Code.
Regarding sister Haleh’s qualifications, she has been working exclusively with the Muslim community since she received a Master’s degree in clinical psychology in 1998. She has passed her licensing exams and has completed all the required training. In addition, she earned certificates in theology and has endorsements for pastoral/faith-based practice from many prominent religious leaders.
Soon after graduating, she moved abroad with her family and worked as a Faith-Based Marriage and Behavior Counselor under their laws. A few years ago, when she moved back to the United States, she chose to work legally in Texas as a faith-based life coach and marriage coach. She has opted not to provide services that require licensure, so she can freely use her faith in her sessions and to help people worldwide, not just in Texas.
What is the price for a Session?
- Our rates range from $350 down to $150 for 50 min. The price depends on the Day, Time and Availability of the Banani Method coach.
- We offer payment plans and sliding scales for qualified individuals.
- Priority and Weekend sessions are available by request, please contact +1-469-342-3499 by phone or text for more information.
- You can request to pay online or pay cash or check in-person.
- An in-person visit is at our offices in Allen:
700 Central Expy S., Suite 400 Allen, TX 75013.
- We accept Paypal and all major credit cards.
- Sorry, we do not accept Medical Insurance
What Kind of Help Do You Provide?
Our services are for education purposes only and are considered faith-based relationship and life coaching. We fully comply with Section 882.24 of the Texas Behavior Health Executive Counsel Code.
The Banani Method is our proprietary approach to improving people’s lives and relationships. Sister Haleh developed this method based on her 25 years of experience helping people live their best lives, restoring their families, and saving their relationships. Allahuma Barek, she has shown the Banani Method’s success in her own life by being happily married for 25 years, overcoming life’s most demanding challenges, and raising three well-adjusted, loving, successful adult children who are proud of their Islamic identity.
The Banani Method combines the most effective cutting edge psychological methods leveraged by our faith and understanding from the Quran and Sunnah.
We provide CBT-based coaching on a short-term basis (CBT). We help our clients change their thoughts to get the desired behavior and achieve their goals.
Solution-focused means that I learn about your goals and work with you to achieve them as quickly as possible.
We use psychodynamic methods to help clients understand their childhood and life experiences.
For many clients, a combination of the two approaches works best. For example, people with relationship problems may need to explore their history to see how the situation developed in the past. Then, use this information to choose the best intervention to change the patterns that are causing them stress.
Our coaching differs for each person based on their needs, personality, and particular situations.
It is never a one-size-fits-all approach. With deep contemplation, reflection, and thought, along with dua, we design the most effective and empowering help anyone could imagine.
The most important aspect of my approach is that it is directive. We do much more than listen to you. We provide custom solutions, faith-based guidance, and tailored psychological education. The case studies of thousands of people we have worked with give us many tools to apply to your specific needs. We ensure you use the techniques to reach your goals by meeting with you weekly to ensure you’re progressing towards your goals.
We DO NOT PROVIDE LICENSED PSYCHOLOGICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES.
What Will People Think?
What About Confidentiality?
How is Islam Integrated Into the Sessions?
The sessions will be faith-based, based on the Quran and Sunnah. We will explore your spiritual development concerning the issues at hand. If interested, we will encourage spiritual growth for psychological balance. We find that people who strongly connect with their Creator have the tools to deal with life’s ups and downs with grace and gratitude.
Here are some of the faith-based discussions:
- Understanding that there is a master plan & learning to accept everything that happens
- Knowing that everything happens for a reason and there is divine wisdom
- Realizing that our family members have been chosen for us and there are lessons to learn from them
- Asking for forgiveness to free yourself from guilt and worry
- Encouraging prophetic characteristics such as forgiveness, kindness, the benefit of the doubt, gentleness
- Inspiring my clients to LIVE AND LOVE FOR A HIGHER PURPOSE
As practicing Muslim professionals, we put every psychological tool, method, and technique through authentic Islamic filters. You will feel at ease that nothing we say or do will go against the core tenants of our faith and are always in line with the Quran and Sunnah.
We have worked with non-Muslims and never impose our beliefs or opinions on them. We have the utmost respect for diversity.
Why Go To a Muslim To Get Help?
Part of the process is reconnecting with Allah and seeking the ultimate cure from Him. Many Muslims that suffer from anxiety and depression have contradictions in actions and beliefs. By getting them back on track spiritually they naturally feel better psychologically.
A very limited number of therapists get cultural and religious sensitivity training while pursuing a degree. Many times the advice and suggestions can actually be detrimental to our religious beliefs and they can unknowingly break up homes.